The Healthy Child Programme for children aged 0-five years focuses on a universal service, providing families with a programme of screening, immunisation, health and development reviews, supplemented by advice around health, wellbeing and parenting.
For more information, click on the link below
The aims of the Healthy Child Programme
- To promote a strong attachment between parent/s and child, the result of which will be better social and emotional well-being in children
- To ensure more children remain healthy and safe
- To reduce obesity by promoting healthy eating
- To increase breastfeeding
- To aim for children to be ready for starting school
- Aim for early recognition of development delays, growth problems, ill-health and safety concerns.